This Sunday, on December 1, I visited a blind couple, Shiv Sharma and Mita
Gupta, married last year and blessed with a daughter almost a month back.
There two more couples had also come to bless the newly born. One couple
was Mamta Sharma, employed with SBI at Ludhiana and her husband Mandeep
Garg, a P.O with PNB. The second couple was Jaspreet, a teacher married to
Vikram, again a teacher; with their 8 months daughter. They had their car
and drivers.

It was remarkable to see three couples, managing themselves so efficiently,
dispelling the common belief that at least one of the partners should be
sighted. More striking was to know from the host that next Sunday four more
couples are due to visit them to bless the child.

Such gatherings are a real inspiration and motivation for all.

It is high time that the parents of the V.I Girls come to terms and accept
the reality to marry off their V.I daughter to a V.I boy. They will save
their boys and girls from becoming an emotional wreck!!!  No caste
considerations!

A K Dua
Celebrating World Disability Day!