Regarding this jJudgement I had discussion in administration branch of
my Office there they said promotion cannot be given on Supreme court
judgement, department of personnal & training DOPT of Government of
India should endorsement of this judgement then only it can be
possible for implement of this judgement.

On 1/21/20, Binni Kumari <binnikumari.in...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to summarise the judgment from a lay person's perspective
> for my own understanding. The experts, kindly fill the gaps or correct
> me  if I do goof ups. 1. The judgment dated 14th Jan 2020 is a
> reviewed petition on Civil appeal 1567 of 2017 which is based on PWD
> Act, 1995 "section 32 and 33 -reservation in promotion".
> 2. This judgment is for a very old case of 2008 Ravi Kumar Gupta
> versis Prasar Bharti as and he and few others were denied  reservation
> in promotion in group A. However, Prasar Bharti considered them unfit
> due to their disability despite having chemical engineering
> background.
> 3. The case was reviewed after 8 years on 30th June 2016 and the
> judgment was given in 2017.
> 4. After that there were one or two more reviewed petitions in 2019
> and finally, Civil Appeal No. 1567 of 2017 was reviewed dated 14th Jan
> 2020 in the form of latest judgment.
> 5. The gist of the judgment is that the judgment passed in 2017 will
> become applicable after the issueance of this reviewed petition.
> 6. Though, there was already reservation in promotion for groups C and
> D based on SC judgment dated 8th October 2013  but the salient feature
> of this particular judgment is that now there will be reservation in
> promotion for groups A and B. However, there are very few posts
> reserved for PWds in groups A and B thus, jobs  roster making
> committee really needs to be conscious of being able to do justice
> with the policy of reservation in promotion.
>
>   On 1/21/20, Marisport A <marispor...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> i feel this judgment (14th January, 2020) could be the proper reference.
>> since, you are the first one to approach the government then, you ask
>> the ministry of social welfare along with Law to modify the promotion
>> policy in accordance with the judgment.
>>

>> On 1/21/20, Kasimani C <sangaman1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Review Petition (C) No. 36 OF 2017 in Civil Appeal No. 5389 of 2016
>>> judgement
>>>
>>> https://indiankanoon.org/doc/190245590/

>>> --
>>> *                                                ___*
>>> *C.Kasimani* M.A., M.L.I.S., M.Phil., Ph.D, PGDCA., NET., SET
>>> Librarian and Information Asst,
>>> Anna Centenary Library,
>>> Gandhimandabam Road,
>>> Kotturpuram,
>>> Chennai-600085.

>>> please
>>> visit the list home page at

>>> the

>>> mails
>>> sent through this mailing list..

> Let's be in peace but not into pieces

Vivek Doddamani Ph-9868954833 & 08860410944  skype: vivek.doddamani,
FB: vivek doddamani.  105, Lancer Road, Near Mall Road, Delhi-110054.