Hi Sir,

Your blogposts have great fodder for anyone interested in blindness.

Visually impaired aren't seen as common folks as evident by our experiences and
which you so well put down in your blogposts.

I feel that sometimes the problem lies in our own perspective--which is
obviously shaped by what we go through.

I mean that sometimes people don't treat us differently, but because we have
been treated so in the past, so we automatically presume that it's a treatment
meant only for us.

Sometimes people talk rudely or politely or sweetly or angrily with me, and I'm
quick to attach their reaction with my visual impairment. Curiously, afterwards
I learn that they weren't even aware about my condition, and therefore it was
their natural behaviour.

Additionally, many of my sighted friends tell about their common every-day
dealings, describing how someone was insulting or helpful for them. I put
myself in their place, and think that had such a behaviour (good or bad) been
done with me, I would have quickly linked it with my blindness.

In these practical, ever-speeding times, it might sound stupid for me to ask
this question, but bear with me...

Is there any test to know that the treatment done with us was provoked due to
our blindness?

I have racked my mind a great deal on this question, and am guilty of ruining
my limited time and potential as its consequence. I have even incurred
financial and professional losses on myself due to this question.

Oftentimes (not always) the impacts of disability get apparent in different
ways. Some get depressed, some overconfident, some irritable...and in me it
probably manifested in this way.

Anyway, now I try to tell myself that it's a first-class foolishness to shed
this point any thought, and eventually it's improvement what matters--so I must
squeeze out all my energies there.

Any insights?

Sorry for such a longish email.

Cheers,