From: AccessIndia <accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in> On Behalf Of
Gouri Bhuyan
Sent: Thursday, April 2, 2020 5:07 PM
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: [AI] Impact of social support on feelings of independence in
persons with visual impairments

Dear All,

My name is Gouri Bhuyan. I am a new member of the AccessIndia mailing list.
I am a student pursuing my M.A. in Psychology from the University of Mumbai,
Department of Applied Psychology. As a part of my course curriculum, I am
required to do a research study. Given that I, myself, am a person with low
vision, I decided to base my research on others with visual impairments.
As persons with disabilities we either receive minimal support, or on the
other extreme, receive excessive support that we may or may not require.
Often, this causes us to feel more "disabled" or dependent than we actually
are. Therefore, through this study, I wish to examine how our perception of
the support we receive, and our belief in our own abilities, affects our
feelings of independence.

This study will not take more than 20 minutes. Participants must be between
the ages of 18 and 45, both inclusive. I am sending the link of my Google
survey form in this email. I sincerely request as many of you as possible to
take 20 minutes out of your day to answer this survey form because it will
take my research a long way.

This is the link to the survey form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfndf1P6YhL5Lty1gC6zmDs7RpX4MLoGI36
nNg4VzvuSKSpkQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

I am greatly looking forward to getting lots of responses.

Thank you so much.
Kind Regards,
Gouri Bhuyan

sent through this mailing list..