Dear sir/madam,
An interview of Mrs. Nafisa Buhariwalla, the first blind woman chief
manager in banking industry is being organized by Blind Bankers of India on
Saturday August 8, 2020 at 3:00 PM.

Blind bankers of India, an empowering group of chosen visually impaired
Bankers.
At various points in our lives, we all identify and seek to learn from
successful personalities. They become models for inculcating problem
solving and right decision-making skills, developing interpersonal
abilities and providing guidance to overcome challenges.

We, Blind bankers of India, are delighted to bring a series of
Insightful     interviews every second and forth Saturday with various
personalities from different professions who may strengthen our lives in
some or the other way.

About Nafisa

Women with No eye-Sight but Sparkling bright:
She has experiences to share that are milestones in the journey of visually
impaired in India for four decades.

She is winner of series of awards and honors:
In 1997 the Neelam Kanga Award given to blind women for outstanding
performance in professional and or social field
In 1999 the ‘National Award for the Welfare of People with Disabilities’ in
public recognition of her outstanding performance as the most efficient
disabled employee by the President of India, Mr. K. R. Narayanan
In 2001 ‘Drishti Gaurav Puraskar’ instituted by Lions Clubs International,
District 323 A2 for her indomitable spirit and commendable achievements
In 2005 she got two awards: First, Award for Achiever in the Corporate
Sector and for being a role model of an empowered woman given by ‘Working
Women’s forum’. Second, All India Confederation of the Blind’ Silver
Jubilee Award -2005 in New Delhi.
In 2006 ‘Helen Keller Award 2006’ instituted by ‘National Centre for
Promotion of Employment for Disabled People’.
In 2011 the ‘Unsung Hero’ Award By Central Bank of India for her
contributions to the society besides her professional contribution to the
bank in their
Centenary celebrations.
In 2012 National Institute for the Visually Handicap Excellence Award”

As a professional banker, in Central Bank of India, Nafisa confidently
handled forward contracts where she had to buy and sell foreign currencies
on behalf of importers and exporters in forwards. She advised her customers
on hedging their exposures and coordinated with her International Division
to arrange foreign currency loans for her clients. She also handled the
submission of R-returns, a fortnightly statement of all the sales and
purchases of foreign currencies of her branch, to the R B I. After becoming
Chief Manager in 2013 she also headed the NRI Cell in the International
Division, Central Office.
As an active member of society (1985 to 1995) Held various office bearer
positions and became President of the ‘Blind Graduates’ Forum of India’.
(1997 to 2005) Worked as the Honorary Secretary for the Committee on the
Advancement of the Status of Blind Women (NAB India)
Having a very special hobby: she pursues the hobby of Amateur Radio
popularly known as Ham Radio and was the Chairperson of Mumbai Amateur
Radio Society
(MARS). She provided radio communication to a delegate of Indian Army which
went on a four month peace mission to South East Asia on the ‘M.V.
Trishna’.

We invite you to participate and make best of the opportunity from live
YouTube interview taking place on August 8, 2020 from 3 PM onwards.
Please find the YouTube channel link of blind bankers of India where you
can watch this webinar live. Also, you can subscribe this channel to get
the notification of this interview by switching notifications as all.
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCFftNDV6tY41eqAclZ69J0w
We enjoy to work hard as we get your patronage
Team blind bankers of india.