Dr. PS Bisht

> On 22-Aug-2020, at 12:01 PM, Harish Kotian <hp.kot...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     All
>
> You may now posts your mails.
>
> Harish

> "AccessIndia" group.
> https://groups.google.com/a/accessindia.org.in/d/msgid/accessindia/36b39e87-fe69-e638-bd55-2d44bbbf836a%40gmail.com.
>  Dear Friends,
Online teaching-learning is becoming a new normal these days, especially owing
to the continuing hazards relating to the covid-19 pandemic. In a sense,
e-learning  has potentials to enable people with disabilities to participate in
teaching-learning process from their home, without exposing themselves to the
pandemic risks. However, lack of adequate information and awareness of online
tools and the available assistive alternatives would inevitably result in
exclusion of people with disabilities. Both The disability community as well as
education sector in general have to be aware of mainstream online educational
tools and their inbuilt assistive solutions. Unfortunately, institutions while
rapidly transitioning to online mode appear to be doing the least to create
required awareness of this kind.

In our attempt to contribute and intervene in the field of e-learning from the
disability perspective, Sambhavna invites all for a demonstration of online
tools offered by Google which are widely been adopted.  Mr. Viraj Kafle,
Assistant Professor, Dyal Singh College, DU will give a demonstration of Google
Meet, Classroom and Calendar from  screen-reader users' perspective. The
demonstration will be hosted on Zoom on Sunday, August 23rd, 2020 from 2:45
P.M. onwards. Please register latest by tomorro, saturday, 22nd August 2020,
10:00 P.M. through the following link:

https://forms.gle/qAtA9Z6Ngr9nA2qc9

Thanks and regards.
Nikhil Jain