From: accessindia@accessindia.org.in <accessindia@accessindia.org.in> On Behalf
Of Narendra Sathe
Sent: 28 October 2021 14:39
To: AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and issues concerning the
disabled. <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Subject: [AI] Working towards increasing the powers of CCPD/ SCPD

Hello All,

The Rights of Persons With Disabilities RPWD Act, 2016 provides for setting up
of CCPD/ SCPD, a specialized forum for addressing our grievances. However as
per the Act these forums can only make recommendations and they do not possess
the powers of imposing penalty or imprisonment in case of violation of the Act
or in case there is discrimination only on the basis of disability.
Therefore in my opinion we need to work on this aspect by making
representations to appropriate authorities Once CCPD/ SCPD is equipped with
giving punishments then only the rights and interests of disabled in our
country could be protected in the true  spirit.
I am ready to be apart of this drive and willing to contribute whatever is
possible in making CCPD/ SCPD the best forums for deciding matters of disabled
in our country.

https://groups.google.com/a/accessindia.org.in/d/msgid/accessindia/CAEzwMVJq6sb9_f_tE%3DdFYYuyPpOO4Z8V7up9fXuQC1hbu6K1jQ%40mail.gmail.com.