Dear Akash,
If you are not using your desktop for gaming, graphic designing, etc
then perhaps 8 GB RAM is more than enough. Also, if you are going for
SSD make sure that the Windows is installed on SSD and not on hard
disk; then only you can get the benefits of SSD. Also ensure licensed
copy of Windows for smooth functioning.

--
Thanks & Regards
Harshit Lohia