HELLO,
any scanner having good resolution and  good speed should serve your
purpose. i have used several scanners from Hp, Plustek cannon etc and
studied my PGDBA AND LLM COURSE BY SCANNING ALL THE BOOKS WITH THESE
SCANNERS AND USED ABBYY FINE READER. IT WORKED VERY NICELY. OF COURSE,
LLB WITH CASSETTES RECORDING AS DID NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT COMPUTER
THAT TIME. HAA,HAA,HAA!

SO YOU CAN SURELY GO WITH GOOD SCANNERS AND POWERFUL OCR PROGRAMS LIKE
FINE READER.

HOPE THIS HELPS TO MAKE YOUR DECISION.
REGARDS,
MUKESH