Hi,

Write an official mail to the customer care or branch of the concerned
bank.

Subject: Complaint for Denial of opening savings account Due to Vision
Impairment

Madam/Sir,

HDFC bank, branchname  has refused opening savings a/c on <date> because I
am visually impaired and use thumb impression. I am eligible for the said
facility as per below regulatory guidelines.

i)                 read Para 9.1, 9.2 (Clause a), and 9.3 (Clause a) of Master
Circular on Customer Service in Banks
<https://rbi.org.in/Scripts/NotificationUser.aspx?Id=9862&Mode=0> dated
July 1, 2015.

ii)                As per Para 2 (Clause e) of circular ‘Banking Facilities
to Senior Citizens and Differently Abled
<https://rbi.org.in/Scripts/NotificationUser.aspx?Id=11163&Mode=0>’ dated
November 9, 2017 facilities offered to sick/old/incapacitated persons who
operate their account with thumb/toe impression is extended to persons with
vision impairment also.

iii)              The Hon’ble Court of Chief Commissioner of Persons with
Disability had passed orders dated September 5, 2005 in Case no. 2791/2003.
In this case banks are advised to offer all banking facilities to visually
challenged without any discrimination.

iv)              read Para 10.1, and 10.3 of Master circular on Customer
Service in Banks
<https://rbi.org.in/Scripts/NotificationUser.aspx?Id=9862&Mode=0> dated
July 1, 2015.

Therefore,  you are advised to open my savings a/c within 7 working days.
In case of non-compliance within 30 calendar days, I will be compelled to
approach Banking Ombudsman through CMS portal of RBI
<https://cms.rbi.org.in/cms/indexpage.html#eng> as per the Reserve
Bank-Integrated Ombudsman Scheme, 2021
<https://cms.rbi.org.in/cms/assets/Documents/Ombudsman_Scheme_English.pdf>.
Para 8 of Statement on Developmental and Regulatory Policy
<https://rbidocs.rbi.org.in/rdocs/PressRelease/PDFs/PR92499923D3773DD4C1C8B5D9ACF9B6138CE.PDF>
dated October 8, 2017 has empowered Banking Ombudsman to take up complaints
if persons with disability are denied any banking service on pretext of
disability. inaction tantamounts to contempt of ‘Court of Chief
Commissioner of Persons with Disability’ and delinquency in discharge of
duty.

Regards

Name:

Mobile No.: