Looks very good.

From: accessindia@accessindia.org.in <accessindia@accessindia.org.in> On Behalf
Of Kanchan Pamnani
Sent: 06 September 2022 05:03 PM
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: [AI] Income Tax portal

We had a hearing just now.

I am copying below some of the problems that I had shared last week-please
recheck if anything is better than it was.

Blind user 1

“As I validated my return form and clicked ‘Pay Now’, I selected other banks,
that is, the second option. In the second option, I found my bank and clicked
on ‘submit’.

I was taken to NSDL site which had a captcha before I could I continue. There
was no voice captcha or text captcha available or any other option. Hence I had
to take assistance”

Blind user 2

“I need to download an old return which I cannot download at all”

Blind user 3

“1. The selection in combo box and list boxes is not readable once you have
selected the desired option.

2. The text around input fields like radio buttons is not properly marked up
which leaves user confused around how to select appropriate radio buttons and
other input fields.

3. The login section especially login button is indeed difficult to find for
people with low vision as the relevant accessibility standards are not complied
with.”

Blind user 4

“I was trying to file a revised return. I had to put in the acknowledgement
number and date. The date field said read only. But I know, the date is to be
inserted. Maybe it should have been autofilled. Anyway, I tried it several
ways, using jaws cursor, turning the virtual cursor off and also trying
different zoom levels. But it did not work.”

Blind user 5

“I have submitted three returns for my friends. Every time, when I eVerify,
there is a check box to approve the declaration. This checkbox is inaccessible
with jaws. By trial and error, I get the checkbox and after getting it, I have
to perform enter pass through command by pressing insert plus 3. Then only I am
able to activate this checkbox”

Blind user 6

“traces where we have to download form 26AS from, is still holding captcha.
Secondly, if one chooses to deposit the tax amount via internet banking, some
banks offer captcha. So, now the problem lies with external sites like traces,
NSDL etc.”

6th September 2022

Hello madam,

There are so many high severities fastpass bugs. Can you ask developers to run
Microsoft Accessibility insights tool on each page and check? Fastpass bugs may
cause accessibility issues for the screen reader users. It can be downloaded
from here:

https://accessibilityinsights.io/

Who is willing to do a simulated ITR1 and ITR 4with the Income Tax team.

to accessindia+unsubscr...@accessindia.org.in
<mailto:accessindia+unsubscr...@accessindia.org.in> .
https://groups.google.com/a/accessindia.org.in/d/msgid/accessindia/002d01d8c1e4%245c55c9e0%2415015da0%24%40gmail.com

<https://groups.google.com/a/accessindia.org.in/d/msgid/accessindia/002d01d8c1e4%245c55c9e0%2415015da0%24%40gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>