From: accessindia@accessindia.org.in <accessindia@accessindia.org.in> On Behalf
Of Dr T K Bansal
Sent: 18 December 2023 14:35
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: Re: [AI] getting a new Cain

CAUTION: This email is originated from outside Canara Bank. Do not click any
links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know that the
content is safe.

Dear Austin, White cane is the first and foremost important navigation tool for
a blind and visually impaired person. I, a professor of physics from IIT Delhi,
a blind person myself, understands that the purchase of a good quality white
cane which is designed for my needs, is the best investment of my life.
Internationally, Ambutech, Canada is the best known company that has
manufactured a large number of different white canes. These canes, fitted with
rolling marshmallow or rolling ball tips are very useful for navigation.
However these cane tips and canes are quite costly and a very few blind people
in India can afford them. Fortunately I have most of these canes with me.
Looking at the financial status and the poor quality of the white canes
provided to the blind people in India, I had decided to create hook style
affordable cane tips for Indian users. I’m the only one in India who has taken
the risk of spending a lot of money on these cane tips so that these can be
provided to my blind and visually impaired friends and students in India.
Moreover, a number of changes have been made to the white cane itself so that
the different cane tips easily replaced depending upon the environment and the
surface on which they are to be used. The height of the white cane is also
decided on the basis of the person using the white cane. Although, I have much
more to say, the length of the mail doesn’t permit me to write a-lot. In the
past nine months, more than 500 canes with rolling tips have been sent from
Kashmir to Karnataka and from Gujarat to Meghalaya. Due to we have received
very good feedback about these cane tips. Based on the quality and popularity,
we are invited to showcase our products at Purple Fest Goa. In case you wish to
know more about these canes please feel free to contact me at email
bansa...@gmail.com or call me at +919810842754 Dr T. K Bansal

> On 18-Dec-2023, at 10:51 AM, Aman Preet Singh <aps32...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi! I have a smart cane which I had got from saksham NGO, but it didn’t come
> in my use a part of opening the box and trying the cane only sometimes.
> Otherwise it’s not used at all. Would you like to buy this cane from me?? I
> know it’s older cane, but it’s fair and not any damage. Thanks.
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Dec 18, 2023, at 5:55 AM, Austin Pinto <austinpinto.xavi...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> so i think i will look at 2 options.
>> 1 is ,smart cane. apart from saktech is there any link to get it?
>> 2. is the roling ball tip cain available in india, and is it good for
>> indian roads, how to get it, can some1 provide the link?

>>> Austin,
>>>
>>> Go for the ,smart cane. It is useful indoors and outdoors, if the
>>> vibrations become too much, you can switch off the smart component.
>>>
>>> Pranav

https://groups.google.com/a/accessindia.org.in/d/msgid/accessindia/E6183410-B9A8-46F4-8750-F3FCAB5C7C58%40gmail.com.
[Logo]  [Logo]
            "Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav"
DISCLAIMER:This email may contain privileged information and is intended solely
for the addressee, and any disclosure of this information is strictly
prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have received this mail by mistake,
please inform the sender immediately and delete this mail. Any information
expressed in this mail does not necessarily reflect the views of CANARA BANK.
Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those
of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Bank. The recipient
should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The
sender declares that no liability can be cast upon the sender for any error or
omissions in the contents of the message that arise, as a result of e-mail
transmission and further declares that the sender cannot be made liable for any
loss suffered by any person, on account of having acted upon any messages which
is vitiated by error, omissions or interception.