Ya, this is true.
I recently needed to get a duplicate SIM card and Airtel store people insisted on eye scanning and when I told them that I shall be filing a complaint for this extra hassle and for hurting my dignity as a person with disability, they agreed to take my fingerprints instead and issued me the SIM card. But since I was their loyal customer having their post paid connection for so many years, they might have considered this too. Had I needed a new SIM, things could have gone differently. And, you can't convince everyone and there should be some clear cut instructions while issuing SIM cards to people with vision impairment.

With best regards,

Satguru Rathi

Assistant Manager

Baroda UP Bank <https://www.barodaupbank.in/>

Main Branch - Bareilly

Contact: +919871489945

"SAVE PAPER – THINK BEFORE YOU PRINT"

This email (including any attachments) is intended for the sole use of the intended recipient/s and may contain material that is CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVATE COMPANY INFORMATION. Any review or reliance by others or copying or distribution or forwarding of any or all of the contents in this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender <mailto:satgurura...@gmail.com>and delete all copies. Your cooperation in this regard is appreciated.