Hey Akashdeep,

Quickly answering the questions here, please feel free to reach out if you
have any questions.

1. What is your understanding when you hear a list vs. grid example?
A list is a horizontal or vertical arrangement of items without any
diagonal placement, whereas a grid is a tabular arrangement of items where
the arrangement can be horizontal, vertical, or even diagonal.

2. How is this useful or useless to you?
A list helps in determining the number of items it has. For example, if I
am at item 5 of 8, I can understand that apart from this item, I have 4
items before and 3 items after this, therefore helping me understand how
many times I can shift left or right in order to not get out of the list.
On the other hand, a grid helps me determine the UI of the page. For
example, if I am at an item which says "row 2 column 2," then I can find
out the number of items towards the left (1 item), up (1 item), and up-left
Diagonal (1 item). A grid might be useful for someone who uses TalkBack
without the left and right gestures to navigate, rather preferring dragging
their finger around the screen to understand what is where.

3. Which type of speech-out do you prefer? Why?
I suggest using a list, provided that the GUI is not complicated, i.e.,
items are placed below each other, and a grid if the items are to be
arranged in a table format, I.E. 5 items in the 1st line and the other 5
items in the second line. I feel that both of these come with their own
benefits and disadvantages, as lists allow us to know the number of items
in the list, whereas grids don't allow that unless you go to the end of the
grid and calculate it yourself in-order to know 1. the number of items. and
2. the arrangement of items on the page.
One way to proceed with the use of grids would be to have a list nested in
the grid. I.E. a grid with 5 items in the 1st row and 5 items in the 2nd
row, a total of 10. so that the provided output when I am at the 6th item
reads like "6 of 10 row 2 column 1". I don't know if this works because
I've never tested nesting a list in a grid.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Naman Parakh <https://www.linkedin.com/in/naman---parakh>