Hi techies !

Is it possible to run Jaws from a server in a LAN / Intranet environment with
multiple users using it simultaneously for working on different  applications ?
   Suppose 5 users log on to the server separately, will the server need five
different sound cards to run Jaws ?  I am envisaging a situation where the
users access Jaws on the server, but, run the applications (say Word, Internet
Explorer etc) on their local machines.

Alternatively, can we connect five different sets of monitors and keyboards to
a single powerful machine on which multiple licences of Jaws and applications
are hosted and accessed by multiple users simultaneously ?  In this scenario,
one powerful server class machine with a large enough hard disk, RAM, sound
card channels  etc will be time-shared by the five users using their dumb
terminals.

Sorry if these questions look dumb, but, someone is just trying to cut spending
on hardware and software while trying to set up a low-cost computer training
centre. (smile)

Pl share your experiences on other ways to cut costs too.

Thanks and rgds

RS
M: 98 472 76 126
Join Access India convention: For updates on it visit:
Registration is now open!