From: "George Abraham" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2008 3:18 PM
Subject: [AI] IDBI bank/salary account

Dear All,

The IDBI bank is presently  in discussion  for setting up a salary account
for all the employees of Score Foundation. The paper work is all done.
However the three visually impaired employees of our team are expected to
sign an extra document which states

1.  I Mr.X declare that I am visually impaired...
2.  The bank will issue me a crossed cheque book. In the case of cash
withdrawals,  I would need to personally visit the bank and a bank official
will fill up the cheque/withdrawal slip
3.  In the case of ATM or debit cards,  the bank will not be responsible for
any loss or harm caused by misuse of the card...

My question to the bank was whether all their clients signed such papers?
and the answer was no.

So the issue is why this discrimination?

Regards,

George
George Abraham
CEO
Score Foundation
Y-70, Lower Ground Floor,
Hauz Khas,
New Delhi 110016
India

Ph:+91 11 26852581, +91 11 26852559
Fax:+91 11 26852559
Mobile: +91 9810934040
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Website: www.eyeway.org
Eyeway Help Desk: +91 11 46070380

Join Access India convention: For updates on it visit:
September 21 &22!!

To unsubscribe send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with