hello my dear friend, thank you very much for your quick reply. I will try. with best regards.
m.chandru
----- Original Message ----- From: "Amiyo Biswas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Sunday, October 12, 2008 1:29 PM
Subject: Re: [AI] I need your guidance

Hello,

You can achieve it in excel by simple use of format.
1. First, enter the date in mm/dd/yyyy format in a cell, say cell A1. You can use other formats, but then you will need extra work.

2. Go to another cell, suppose cell B1 and press the equal key to enter the formula "A1".

?. With cell B1 selected, go to Format menu, cells submenu, number tab, and arrow down to Customs format.

4. Tab over to the edit field and enter "dddd" without the quotes, and activate the ok button.

Now if you enter 3/6/1906 in cell A1, B1 will display Tuesday. If you enter 6/3/1906, it will show Sunday.

Did you ask for it at all? I am not sure.

Best regards,
Amiyo Biswas.