hai friends
it is
krishnan M. Moothimoola. a good suggestion . individually as well as organisationally try for the achievement. --- Original Message ----- From: "Thahir P C" <pctha...@gmail.com>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2009 1:43 PM
Subject: [AI] reduction in internet charges?

friends,
as we are all aware, internet is not a luxury but a necessity for the visually challenged. in the absence of adequate amount of braille and recorded materials, it is through the internet that the world of letters unfolds before us. even though i have been an english lecturer for the past thirteen years, i had not been able to read english newspapers and journals till i started using internet.further, we have to download a number of audio files which are very big in terms of KB. For us, internet is not a supplementary medium but the only effective medium for information and entertainment. the state of affairs being like this, what do you think of demanding to BSNL [at least] for making a reduction in their internet charges for the blind. BSNL employees already enjoy concession of this kind. why can't we ask organisations like AICB to take up this issue?i would like to know your responses.
Regards,
Thahir.

E mail: pctha...@gmail.com
skype: pcthahir