yes, it's almost possible. i have also taken mobility training from same institute. really, very nice experience. After learning all techniques, when i walked alone on the rode of benglor, i could visualize all things with closed eyes. after all, for late blind, visualization must be required while walking. but it's very hard but not inpossible. After takeing this training, i have also travelled alone by train. the journey was about 10 hours. it means confidence also must be required. but after learning all techniques of mobility, practise must be required. ---- Original Message ----- From: "payal kapoor" <payal.thereside...@gmail.com>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Monday, September 21, 2009 2:30 PM
Subject: Re: [AI] A brush with the white cane

hi vamshi

the training can definitely be obtained in 5 days time because what we are looking for here is the correct technique and the confidence to carry it through. that under the able guidance of a good instructor and an open and positive mind is sufficient to get to the required goal. also, you need to understand that if we are unergoing training in our own cities, the familiarization and orientation to various used routes, modes of transport etc would be worked upon in detail. on the other hand, of what use is it in a different city, after having learned the technique and attained the necessary confidence, to go on walking their streets because you need to ultimately customise it to suit your needs in your city. 5 days for me does not mean the same for all else. it could be shorter or longer.. each to their own. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Vamshi. G" <gvamsh...@gmail.com>