I guess you are in need to use the BCC field!
Thanks
Mukesh

-----Original Message-----
From: accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in
[mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of Amar Jain
Sent: Friday, October 16, 2009 11:14 AM
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: [AI] Protecting others's email address while sending to masses?

Dear All,

I often see that a single mail is composed, which has to be sent to multiple
persons. Best example can be greeting messages.
Now what I see is that though there are multiple addresses in the mail to
whom the mail will be sent, but when I open the message, I only see my
address. Same applies to other persons.
So to conclude, though there are many addresses in that single mail, but one
can only see his or her address in the 'to field'.
The object behind this is to respect everybody's privacy.
So any solution or any suggestion on how to protect everyone's privacy by
not disclosing others's email addresses, while sending mail to masses is
welcomed.
In this case, two things are not possible for me.

To send everyone individual mail.
and
Last but not the least, not to send the mail itself to anyone! :) Regards,
Amar Jain.