Thank you very much

-----Original Message-----
From: accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in
[mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of Roopakshi Pathania
Sent: Sunday, December 27, 2009 11:29 PM
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: Re: [AI] Advantages and limitations of using a 64 bit windows7 over 32
bit

Hi,

Presently there are both advantages as well as disadvantages for using the
64-bit version of Windows 7, but this may change in the future.

I’m only going to address the main points here, see this 4 page FAQ for more
information.
http://www.infoworld.com/d/windows/32-bit-windows-7-or-64-bit-windows-7-145
The main advantage of using Windows 7 64 bit is the possibility of using a huge
amount of RAM (way more than 4 GB which is the limit for 32-bit) and enjoying
improved performance of those programs that are optimized especially for 64 bit
(very few of those exist right now).

On the other hand, some of the old hardware may not have 64-bit compatible
drivers and really old applications may not run at all.

Regards

“The problem isn't that people don't understand how good things are. It's that
they know, from personal experience, that things really aren't that good.”
~ Paul Krugman