Join HumanWare at the 2010 CSUN Conference

From: HumanWare
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2010 8:51 PM
To: homiyar
Subject: Join HumanWare at the 2010 CSUN Conference

         Join HumanWare at the 2010 CSUN Conference
                  Captivating presentations, new products, special events and
prizes to win!

                  HumanWare, the global leader in assistive technologies for
the print disabled, invites you to visit our booth (213) at The 25th Annual
International Technology & Persons with Disabilities Conference, held in in San
Diego, CA, March 22 to 27.

            10th anniversary of the BrailleNote
                  HumanWare has been helping people who are blind maximize
their digital communications since 2000, when the innovative BrailleNote was
first introduced. The BrailleNote family has continually evolved to address the
needs of students, professionals and consumers. Today, advanced productivity as
well as reading in total comfort are at the heart of all our note taking
products.

            Come see the new BrailleNote APEX at our booth

                 Powerful and sleek at just 2 cm (0.78") thick and weighing
only 812 grams (1.8 lbs), the BrailleNote Apex is designed for portability and
functionality. Intelligent ergonomics have always been the benchmark of
HumanWare products, and the BrailleNote Apex performs with comfort and agility.
A comfortable full-size Braille keyboard makes notetaking quick and easy, while
HumanWare's signature thumb keys make extensive reading effortless.

            The accessible talking GPS celebrates 10 years
                  HumanWare joins with Sendero Group to celebrate 10 years of
pioneering development of the accessible talking GPS. The pioneers, evangelists
and avid students of accessible GPS will celebrate where we started, where we
are and where we are going.

            Discover our complete line of low vision products

                 HumanWare continues to push the boundaries with research,
development, manufacturing and product selection that best suit the needs of
people with low vision. Macular Degeneration, Glaucoma, Diabetic Retinopathy
and Cataracts are just a few of the many conditions that affect people with low
vision. Visit our booth to see our full range of low vision products including
desktop and handheld electronic magnifiers.

            The Accessible Dream Classroom
                  Visit our booth to try this new interactive tool designed to
helps educators find out how assistive technologies can increase their
students' learning independence. Discover different solutions for students who
are blind, have low vision or learning disabilities. Plus, learn more about the
different content providers supporting these solutions and create your online
Wish List to build your Dream Classroom.

            HumanWare Launches Victor Reader Stream CD Edition

                 Victor Reader Stream CD Edition combines the worldwide
renowned VR Stream and a special CD player accessory. Stream CD Edition is
perfect for people who do not have a personal computer. It is the easiest way
to transfer a DAISY book on CD onto one single, portable audio playback device
without the use of a computer.

            Our presentations
            Wednesday, March 24
            Intel Reader: The New Face of Mobile Print Readers
                  8:00AM-9:00AM
                  Room: Molly AB
                  Speaker: Michel Pepin

                  The Intel Reader is a mobile handheld device combined with a
high-resolution camera to convert printed text to digital text which can be
read aloud.

            Accessible GPS Overview and Comparison
                  8:00AM-9:00AM
                  Room: Betsy AB
                  Speaker: Mike May

                  Discusses strengths/weaknesses of GPS, compares six primary
accessible products and how to best integrate GPS into a blind person's life
for work and play.

            Convert It, Read It, Take It With You Part II
                  9:20AM-10:20AM
                  Room: Madeleine AB
                  Speakers: Brenda McBride , Steve Bennett, Mary Jo Barry

                  Learn how to make a DAISY book using EasyConverter and how to
maximize its amazing power with Read:OutLoud and the portable ClassMate Reader.

            Work with RFB&D to Provide a DAISY PLUS Playback System for Free
                  3:10PM-4:10PM
                  Room: Ford C
                  Speaker: Stephanie Turner

                  Work with RFB&D to Provide a DAISY PLUS Playback System for
Free Interactive panel discussion of advanced, intermediate and beginner users
of DAISY/commercial technologies to develop core features and functionality for
a free DAISY PLUS playback.

            Thursday, March 25
            Creating Closed Captioned Content for BlackBerry Smartphones
                  10:40AM-11:40AM
                  Room: Maggie
                  Speaker: Greg Fields

                  Hands-on lab on how you can develop, deploy and distribute
accessible, closed captioned multimedia content for and to BlackBerry
Smartphones.

            Using Two Audio-Accessible Math Applications: Chatty-Infty and
Audio Graphing Calculator
                  3:10PM - 4:10PM
                  Room: Edward AB
                  Speaker: John Gardner

                  Brief tutorials on the two audio-accessible applications
Audio Graphing Calculator and Chatty-Infty accessible text and math editor.

            Friday, March 26
            Oratio for BlackBerry Smartphones, Stay Connected to your Life
                  3:10PM - 4:10PM
                  Room: Ford AB
                  Speakers: Michel Pepin, Greg Fields

                  The Oratio for BlackBerry software solution was designed to
help visual impaired people increase their productivity and access information
efficiently.

            Saturday, March 27
            Location Information Literacy: Putting the World Within Reach
                  8:00AM - 9:00AM
                  Room: Emma AB
                  Speaker: Dave Wilkinson

                  Instruction in location literacy for the blind student is an
essential independence skill taught through sound cues, tactile maps, GPS, and
integration of online tools.

            ©2010 HumanWare. Unsubscribe from this newsletter.