what is your 16 digit account number, why the check book is required to you? being a banker it is my duty to ask such questions to my customers. even we ask such questions to our sighted and reputed customers.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mahesh Panicker" <maheshspanic...@gmail.com>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Monday, May 24, 2010 10:59 AM
Subject: Re: [AI] No objection certificate of parrents to obtain ATM card.

would RTI be of some help? the PNB people, when my check book struggle
was going on, often talked about their guideline. when I'd asked
access to it, they didn't give me any clear answer. since we have a
few among our ranks working in the banking sector, may be we can get a
better idea on this. do the banks, and particularly the PNB have got a
guideline on dealing with the disabled customer? is it available in
the public domine? if not, can we access using RTI?