Dear Subramani sir,

I think there are 2 qualities visually challenged persons should possess in
order to avail not only banking services, but also all other benefits which
they are entitled to;

1.  Clear Awareness about the law, along with the procedure to be followed
in case of denial of any services/benefits.
2. Willingness and courage to fight.

We should let the branch managers know what we are going to do if they deny
us banking services.  WE should tell them that we are going to take this to
their higher officials and banking ombudsman.
For example, though this is not relating to visual handicap, a customer came
to my branch with a complaint about double debit of funds at the ATM which
has to be addressed by the bank within a stipulated time period.  But 9 out
of 10 times, banks won't be able to do it within the time.  This customer,
after waiting till the expiry of the stipulated time, gave a letter to my
branch manager which contained the rule relating to the same along with the
penalty in case of failure, and marked a copy of the same to the concerned
regional manager.  Believe me, his complaint was given top priority and was
resolved within no time.

Regards,
Vamshi G
M: +91 9949349497