What I use today after loosing vision at the age of 27, is that I stuck cotton threads in a writing pad as lines and fix the paper on the pad and by feeling the lines with the left finger, I can smoothly write on the paper with intercepting the lines. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Subramani L" <lsubram...@deccanherald.co.in> To: "Bijal Patel" <bijalpatel...@gmail.com>; <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Monday, June 14, 2010 7:43 PM
Subject: Re: [AI] possibility of writing for late blind

When I had low vision (for a short period of time only), I used to
employ two methods. 1. Use the plastic scale to block the page. Since it
is possible to keep it on a straight line and move down steadily, I feel
it should bee a good idea. Another and the most common thing is to use
the cardboard frames available with some of the organisations that
allows you to keep the frame on an A4 size paper and write inside the
frame. Since the line numbers from  1 to say about 10 is being marked on
the side of the frame, identifying the line is easier.

Subramani