From: accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in
[mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of Kotian, H P
Sent: Friday, June 25, 2010 9:40 AM
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: [AI] FW: Fw: Say Text coming to app store and it sounds fantastic.

Hello All

A wonderful development.
Harish.

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaruni [mailto:aruni...@gmail.com]
Sent: 25 June 2010 09:00
To: Dipendra Manocha; Kotian, H P

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: hank smith <hanksmi...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 13:25:10 -0700
To: The Accessible Phones Discussion List <blindpho...@mosenexplosion.com>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andy Lane" <andylanesem...@gmail.com>
To: "VIPhone" <viph...@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2010 9:51 AM

Hi everyone, I wrote to the developer of Doc Scanner yesterday to
suggest they look into a specifically designed for visually impaired
people app for OCR and I got the best response ever back from them.
What a company.

Jussi Forsstrom, Jun 24 09:47 (EEST):
Hi Andy!
Thank you so much for your message. We are very pleased to hear your
thoughts and really appreciate it!
It's almost ironic that you
contacted us now about using DocScanner as a reading tool, as we are
just launching an app called SayText.
SayText is an app designed
especially for the visually impaired and by the way, it's free!
In a few words to describe it's use, you need to place the iPhone on
the center of a document. There's a big button for starting the tool,
tap it.
Slowly elevate the iPohne upwards from the document until you
hear an beep sound - this indicates, that the document is now fully in
frame and the camera will shoot automatically, when the picture is
stable / focused.
Now only thing you have to do, is to wait for a
while (You can tap the screen to hear the OCR progress, e.g. OCR
35%).
When the OCR is ready you can start the voiceover to read the
document out loud.
The app should come to Appstore in a week or so.
We're happy to give you more info about SayText. There is a website
for SayText:
http://www.docscannerapp.com/saytext/
There's also a video, where Mr. Heikki Ekola, totally blind person
uses it. He's representing the Finnish Federation of the Visually
Impaired - You can find the video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlWJF27IdX4
This video is also at the SayText homepage.
We hope you'll find this app useful and if so, please tell to your
friends about it!
Your's sincerely,
Jussi Forsström
Norfello Oy

database 5226 (20100624) __________

http://www.eset.com

signature database 5226 (20100624) __________

http://www.eset.com

You received this message because you subscribed to the Accessible
Phones Discussion List.

If you don't want to receive messages from this list anymore, just
send a blank e-mail to:
blindphones-unsubscr...@mosenexplosion.com

received this email by error,  please notify us by return e-mail or telephone
viruses. The Bank accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
transmitted by this email.
disability bill at: