Friends
I would come up with my feedback on remaining seven subcommittee reports on AI
blog in a couple of days, and would send it to relevant authorities also.
Meanwhile, a cursory reading of various reports leads me to think that drafting
committee members are hijacked, so to say, by proponents   of rights of
mentally illness. they do not even talk of mental retardation but only of
mental disease only.

In the first place, it is the basic fallacy to deal with situation of persons
with sensory and physical impairments  on the one hand and those with mental
retardation or illness on the other in same manner, or for that  matter even in
the same act.
It is the fallacy which has been systematically promoted legally socially
governmentally and even philosophically.
Practically of course, average attitude of a person's towards disabled is more
or less same as if they are deranged mentally.
So, if now, champions in the disability field have recognized it as valid and
are bent upon giving it legal sanction, then persons with sensory and physical
impairments cannot  hope for any worse days.

Disease should be treated like disease and disability like a disability.
Disability even physical arising out of disease, say, orthopedic disability
arising from Parkinson's disease, is a disability, but Parkinson's disease is a
separate condition and should not be included in disability act, and only its
consequence, in some cases when it happens, can be regarded as disability.

Mental retardation and illness may warrant treatment and welfare measures at
best, and it should be confined to that.
Equating physically and sensorily impaired persons with mentally challenged by
including them in same act or policies is a clear violation of article 14,
legally, and and,  insult socially.
I clarify here that learning disability is another thing and it should be
properly defined and included in act which they have not done.

I would like to hear comments from friends about this and do something to
rescue drafting committee from such domination.

Regards

"If you believe that there is a God, a God that made your
body, and yet you think that you can do anything with
that body that's dirty, then the fault lies with the manufacturer."

                                             --Lenny Bruce

(Rajesh Asudani)

Assistant General Manager,
Reserve Bank of India
Nagpur
09420397185
O: 0712 2806676
Res: 0712 2591349

received this email by error, please notify us by return e-mail or telephone
viruses. The Reserve Bank of India accepts no liability for any damage caused
by any virus transmitted by this email.
disability bill at: