From: prateek aggarwal
Sent:  21.08.2010, 9:18  AM
To: accessindia; rpp-india; youthRI
Subject: [AI] attention, please! PC in RS. 1500

Hello all,
May I have  your kind attention please.

While discussing some usual stuff with a friend yesterday, I got to
know that Indian government is soon to distribute tablet PC just for
RS 1500.

While its a great news for all, I’m afraid if it’ll be accessible or not.

Though they have stated that its going to be a touch screen system
along with a built in keyboard attached, but like most of the other
things by government, I don’t want it to be inaccessible.

Since the device does not have a harddisk and all the things will be
preinstalled on it, I did not read a single word if any talking
software is installed on it.

This is worrisome, and I wanted to work on this.

With what they have announced, the device looks  promising.

is there any organization/group/individual who wish to take this forward?

Perhaps, we should clearly talk to ministry of HRD and inquire if its
going to be accessible or not.

A PC in rs. 1500 will be great boon for whole of our community, and it
may bring in a revelution in our state and development.

I request all the NGOs working for blind people, activists groups,and
individuals to please come forward and bring ourselves in the
attention for the government before it gets very late.

It’s a perfect time to inquire about it, and if it isn’t accessible,
then we can skirmish with government to make it like that.

Following are some of the news which have been published in the
newspapers on 23 july.

---
India unveils Rs 1,500 (30$) tablet PC
www.mobileclues.com/india-unveils-rs-1500-30-tablet-pc -
 July 23rd, 2010  Mohan

Here is good news for Indian now Indian government is announced tablet
PC just for RS 1500,yes its true  The Union minister for human
resource development
(HRD) of India  Kapil Sibal on Thursday unveiled laptop which are
priced at Rs 1500.

College and university students can buy a laptop at an unbelievable
price of Rs 1500 possibly making it the cheapest computer in the
world, Human Resource
Development Minister Kapil Sibal told reporters. “Our learners should
get it in 2011 and the government will provide a 50 per cent subsidy
per computer,”
the Minister added.

The computer has been developed by a research team comprising IIT
professors and experts from IISc, does not have a hard disc and uses
Linux… but it has
every function, which a normal computer has, the minister claimed.

it is touch screen and and a built in keyboard along with 2GB RAM,
Wi-Fi connectivity, USB port and powered by a 2-watt system to suit
poor power supply
areas, This will support video web conferencing, multimedia content
viewer (pdf, docx, ods, adp, jpeg, gif, png, bmp, odt, zip, avchd,
avi, ac3, xls),
searchable pdf reader, unzip tool. This device also posses computing
capabilities like Open Office, SciLab for Printing, media player for
streaming videos
and USB Port.

The laptop is currently not available for sale in the market as the
Government has decided to launch it for students in 2011.
---

There are many more newspapers, websites and other sources who have
published this news.

Click on the below link to find them on the google search:
http://www.google.co.in/#hl=en&source=hp&q=pc+in+rs.+1500%2C+government+of+india&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=d4204c7adcb357d0

please come forward, the step may  prove extremely beneficial for our
community mates

will love to hear from you.

Regards,
Prateek agarwal.
 Skype:
Prateek_agarwal32
Wanna see inside me? My blog is the telescope:
http://www.myfriendprateek.blogspot.com
website:
http://www.prateekagarwal.webs.com

the best way to accomplish your softwares/websites development needs.
You tell, I'll build.

disability bill at:

disability bill at: