To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2010 6:12 AM
Subject: Re: [AI] about firewalls

Hi > sudhakar,

1. What is your existing IT infrastructure? What hardware and software do
you use to access the internet?
Note:
I am assuming that you are looking for a firewall to shield you while you
are on the internet. Firewalls can however be deployed to isolate network
segments in a LAN in which case, my answer will be completely different.

2. A firewall is a filter for traffic. Think of it is a programmable
aqua-guard which can block and allow certain kinds of traffic. What is the
threat that you are planning to counter using a firewall?

Pranav

disability bill at: