Hello,
When any external hardware is connected then do the following:
1. Press Insert + F11 for system tray.
2. Select the option safely remove hardware.
3. Press tab to "left single click button"
4. a context menu will appear with the following information, "safely
remove hardware and the drive name to which your external hardware is
connected". If you have more than one hardware connected then you can
select the drive from the list with the help of arrow keys.
5. Now press enter. you will hear an information "safe to remove hardware".
cheers!

On 9/19/10, Surinder <suna1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are there any precautions to be observed while removing an external hard
> drive from the USB port?
> Can I remove it while the PC is on?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Surinder.
> disability bill at:

> the subject unsubscribe.

when things don't seem to be going your way, always know that God has
a plan for you. If you place your trust in Him, He will give you great
gifts. We don't always know what God's plans are for us. We just know
that His ways are not our ways, but His ways are always best.

disability bill at: