Dear Mukesh,

The matter of discrimination in Postal Life Insurance on extra premiums and
limited coverage to persons with disability is under challenge in the
Hon'ble High Court of Delhi. The PLI had during the course of arguments in
the court has issued a notification bringing the maximum sum assured to 1
lac but there are several lacunae which are being contested. The work
discrimination is that PLI is not allowed to persons with neurological
disabilities at all!

This is so funny, I can't tell you but the reasons that PLI cites in
its documents have no legal or clinical basis! Would keep the list updated
on this and let you know the developments as and when they occurs. For any
details, contact me off the list.

regards
Subhash Chandra Vashishth
Advocate
On 6 December 2010 12:57, mukesh jain <mukesh.jai...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hello,
> this query is related to postal life inshurance run by indian postal
> department.
>
> very recently, i have submited the proposal for the aforesaid scheme
> for 15 years of maturity and for rs. 200000 INR as sum ashured. on
> submiting this proposal, concerned postal official informed me that
> for handicapped persons,
>
> Handicapped Persons
>
>  Minimum sum assured   is  INR 10,000/-
>
>  Maximum sum assured  is  INR 1,00,000/-
>
> Subject to payment of extra premium rest of the conditions are same as
> applicable to relevant scheme.
>
> on the other hand, for sighted persons, there is no such restrictions.
>
> so if anyone on the list know about these provisions please do let me
> know about it. is this information truly  applicable to the
> handicapped persons for taking the postal life inshurance as mentioned
> above.
>
> your kind cooperation in this regard would be highly obliged.
>
>   --
> Regards,
> Mukesh jain
> Email:
> mukesh.jai...@gmail.com
> Skype: mukeshja
> Mob: 09977165123
>
> "Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them; but do not let them
> master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight. "
>
> Helen Keller

> the subject unsubscribe.

Warm regards,

Subhash Chandra Vashishth
Mobile: +91 (11) 9811125521
Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to. Consider
environment!