To: "accessindia" <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Monday, December 20, 2010 12:35 PM
Subject: [AI] Backing up JAWS settings

Dear List members,

Hope are all are doing fine.

I have a query regarding taking backup of JAWS settings.

Often while using JAWS one tends to change JAWS settings using various
managers like Dictionary Manager, Verbosity Manager etc. One also
tends to make a lot of changes which affect the ways JAWS behave in
various applications like changes in voice rate etc. I am interested
to know how to take a backup of the said changes on a pen drive and
how to restore these settings back to JAWS. I hope you all will agree
that resetting the settings to old settings after formatting the
computer or reinstalling JAWS is a long and painstaking experience
because the JAWS does not seems to be running with old settings and it
takes a lot of time to gradually make all the changes.

I am using JAWS 10 on Windows XP and Windows 7 (32 bit) systems.

Kindly help.

Regards,

VS