From: accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in
[mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of Amar Jain
Sent: Sunday, March 20, 2011 07:42 AM
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: [AI] Creating partition in external harddisk?

Dear All,
First of all, my heartiest wishes on the auspicious occasion of Holi to all
accessindians. I pray, our relations become more colorful, strong, and our
hearts remain full of love for each one of us.
Now coming on to the point:
Accessindians are aware of the fact that I recently bought USB 3.0 harddisk
of western digital, with the capacity of 500 gb.
I need to create 3 partition inside this harddisk.
Searching on google gave the direction of using disk management utility
which comes with windows 7.
I shrinked the space, then created new simple volume.
But the problem is that it comes in computer, whereas I want it to be inside
the removable drive of the harddisk itself.
I have deleted this partition, after shrinking the space. Have no idea of
using partitioning utilities as such, and also forgot the things to be kept
in mind for partitioning as I learnt partitioning through dos in my 8th
class or so.
I will appreciate if experts can guide as to how to proceed further.
Would love to do it with existing utilities or dos, instead of installing a
new software for the same.
Regards,
Amar Jain.