Map deta will work in N70 please respond thanks.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Pranay Gadodia" <go4pran...@yahoo.co.in>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2011 12:57 AM
Subject: [AI] Map data for Ovi maps

Hi all,
Few days ago I downloaded the map data of India for Ovi Maps software version 3.03 using the Nokia map downloader software on the PC. Though it was downloaded for Nokia C5, pasting it in couple of other Nokia phones with Ovi maps 3.03 and 3.04 also worked. Having the map data offline in the phone not only saves GPRS costs but also Ovi maps software responds faster during navigation etc. As Map downloader is completely inaccessible to jaws and I had to use my little residual vision to do it, so thought to share the data with the group

Make sure your phone has Ovi Maps version 3.03 or 3.04. I haven't checked putting this data for map versions lower and higher than this.

Its a 143 MB zip file, which after inflating would take around 172 MB space in your phone memory card.
File name: 35415 India maps.zip
Download link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/gpyhga

After downloading it in your PC, unzip it. It has 16 folders.
Connect your phone to PC through USB in mass storage mode.
Go to your memory card, and locate a folder called CITIES. Inside cities, go in the folder called 'diskcache'. Here you would find same 16 folders apart from others. But their total size would be much less than 172 MB. As a fallback to your original you might like to move these 16 folders at another location in your computer, before copying the downloaded ones in to your phone. Once you have copied this data, unplug your phone from the computer, open Ovi maps and search for cities/states you haven't searched or seen in it before. If it is working fine, which I believe it should, it should show those maps instantly without the need to download map data of those places using GPRS.

thanks,

Pranay.