Hey Mujtaba,

Enjoyed it. Cheers!

I had gone to Essel World thoroughly enjoyed it.

It was chilling, swimming in the cold water at 2 A.AM in winters in open.

And rides ooff,
And the dance Vallah with feeling sweltering in cold night.

Happy new years

On 12/31/11, Mujtaba Merchant <mujta...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Members,
>
> Hope everybody is doing well. Thought I would share my experience today on
> what I did on this new years day.
>
> I was sitting in my boring room and surfing the internet. When I get a call
> from one of my friends asking me what I was planning to do this new year? I
> laughed and told him the usual remain blind till they can come up with
> robotic eyes for me to see again. He told me how would I like to go to the
> mall and grab something to eat? I said yes!
>
> And our adventure began at 6pm when a whole group of friends showed up at my
> door. My parents started worrying seeing the crowd but they managed to
> convince them that they were planning to take me out to the mall and they
> need not worry about my safety. Quickly I grabbed my cane and off we went in
> the car.
>
> The drive was short to the mall because I lived 2 blocks away from it.
> Initially, we struggled with parking space as it was a Saturday and new
> years the crowd just started pouring in. We got a good spot after some
> struggle. Got down from the car and headed to the enterance of the mall from
> the parking lot. Had a flight of stairs first to deal with, then a security
> check and then we were in!
>
> Like a loose cannon in the mall escorted by my sighted friends made it to
> the food court and to the Subway counter to order a sandwich. I had a turkey
> sandwich with coke. Hmmm that was a good sandwich to enjoy with coke. After
> that we did some shopping and bumped into a few things here and there mainly
> people who had sight but did not see me - HAHAHA
>
> I also experienced the escalator which was a joy ride for me and all my
> friends who took me there. Planning to do a movie Monday at the mall.
> Apparently, these guys are chill having me around and enjoy the adventure
> with me. And you know what all of them attempted to experience the escalator
> like me i.e. with their eyes closed and they found it very frightening but
> fun to do. That was my day till now.
>
> What I learned today from this experience is on many levels. First, they are
> true friends who do not mind your disability and feel no embarrassment of
> having a disabled friend around. Secondly, although the world is sighted
> they too are blind at times and do not pay so much attention to their
> surroundings, that explains me bumping into people. Also, there are people
> who are physically present but mentally absent. We had some fun with my
> disability too, like we went to a book store and i asked the attendant there
> to get me the best seller of the month to read and he was baffled and had no
> words to respond. We were expecting the guy to be smart and escort me to the
> audio book section but he had no clue and did not expect me to prank him
> that way...
>
> All in all it was fun and look forward to another adventure.  when we are
> going to the mall to watch a movie planning to hassle the attendant that we
> [...]

“The waves breaking on the surface draw all the attention,
but it is the current beneath the water that determines your direction.”