Hi

I certainly differ with Rajesh on this.

We have proper norms on this and we have designated martials on every floor. It
is his responsibility to ensure all persons including disabled are safely
evacuated.

There is a head count taken and all folks of a section have to assemble in a
designated area. There is a review at the end of each such drill and any
shortcomings observed are highlighted. I have seen many such drills in this
long career and at no time I was left out.

I do recall at Hyderabad, where we both worked, he was not left out. If it has
happened at Nagpur he should insist things are put in order rather being
complicent.

It is just important we too cooperate and don't seek any exemption on the plea
of disability. It sends a wrong message.

Ven, it does not matter what floor you are on, you have to take the staircase
and the cane should get you safely down.

It does not matter if it is a drill or even if you happen to get a wind of it,
we must participate in it with all seriousness. Many blind persons got safely
evacuated in twin towers on 9 11.

Harish Kotian