Hi folks,

Kindly recall a posting I had made 2 weeks back on the possibility of
ERP emerging as a major employment opportunity for functional
professionals who face visual impairment in mid-life.  Though the topic
did not generate any discussion  on the list, I did receive expressions
of interest from several  professionals who are currently either
vegetating or  facing under-utilisation in unrelated functional areas
after losing sight.

My attempt today is to poll for visually challenged persons who might be
actually working on various ERP platforms (either proprietary ones like
SAP, Oracle e-Business, Microsoft Dynamics Nav / Great Plains, Sage, etc
or Open Source variants like Adempier, Open ERP, ERP 5, etc).  And, when
I say working, I don't necessarily mean working as

 functional / technical consultants alone.  Any user dealing with even a
single module of the above mentioned ERP platforms may kindly respond.
The objective of this exercise is to get an idea about the accessibility
of various versions of the mentioned packages, so that we can
concentrate on the most accessible version and try to train our visually
challenged functional experts on the same.  Who knows, we might even be
able to set up the first ERP Practice in the world fully staffed by
visually challenged professionals. (smile)

Similarly, another job opportunity that occurred to me is as consultants
/ auditors for certifications such as ISO 9001.  Here too, domain
expertise matters and since most companies are going in for electronic
documentation, auditing should not be difficult for blind  auditors.
Appreciate if someone working as lead consultants / auditors or even as
trainers in this field could respond sharing their experiences.

Your cooperation solicited for  the success of this ambitious project to
identify alternative career opportunities for professionals blinded
mid-life.  Please remember, every idea, nugget of information or
suggestion matters.

Thanks in advance...

Regards

RS