  From: Himanshu Sahu
  To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
  Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 7:55 AM
  Subject: Re: [AI] Blind person denied job in railways because of diabetes

  Hello Mr. Subramani,

  According to me, the best way of finding solution to this chaos is to
  first ascertain whether physically fit person too can be disqualified
  on the basis of diabetes or not.

  If this is a universal rule for all categories of candidates then it
  should not be related specifically with VI community. In this case, we
  may be one of the victims, but not the exclusive one.

  Well, I don't have idea about the definition of "fit" applicable to
  all for getting selected for Gov. jobs. But this can be easily
  obtained through RTI and its finding should determine the next course
  of action.

  1.      If it is for all, then concentration should be put on discarding
  such rules through strong arguments in legal battle. One of such can
  be that "if person during service is not thrown out of job due to
  diabetes, then why not to appoint with it?"

  2.      And, if the rule is specially applied for VI candidate, then I
  don't think that it would stand in any court on the basis of
  "protection from discrimination".

  So, just proceed further and invest energy in setting things right.
  In my opinion, life's battle is not won by the support or comradeship
  of fellows, its your own determination which brings support and
  fellows for sharing success with you.

  Thanks and regards
                     Himanshu Sahu
  Reach: 09051055000