-----Original Message-----
From: electrobo...@yahoogroups.com [mailto:electrobo...@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of Kestrell
Sent: Saturday, March 03, 2012 5:45 PM
To: electrobo...@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [ElectroBooks] Fw: [Nfbnet-master-list] MOST AFFORDABLE E-BOOK
READER FOR THE BLIND HIT'S THE MARKET

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Andrews" <dandr...@visi.com <mailto:dandrews%40visi.com> >
To: <nfbnet-master-l...@nfbnet.org <mailto:nfbnet-master-list%40nfbnet.org>

Sent: Friday, March 02, 2012 10:08 PM
Subject: [Nfbnet-master-list] MOST AFFORDABLE E-BOOK READER FOR THE BLIND
HIT'S THE MARKET

>>FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
>>
>>Contact: Jamie Principato
>>Director of Public Relations
>>Phone: (239)810-4951
>>E-Mail: p...@q-continuum.net <mailto:pr%40q-continuum.net>
>>
>>MOST AFFORDABLE E-BOOK READER FOR THE BLIND HIT'S THE MARKET
>>Blind Readers Can Access eText for Less than the Cost of an Evening Out
>>
>>Mar 2, 2012: In the age of technology, when most people turn to the
>>Internet for information, and a laptop is practically a necessity in the
>>workplace or at school, the e-book is rapidly becoming as common and
>>important to daily life as its paper-bound counterpart. Access to printed
>>information for the Blind is more important now than ever, and though
>>there is a variety of software available to make electronic books and
>>documents accessible, it either comes complete with a price only few could

>>afford without assistance from a school or rehab agency, or does not allow

>>the reader to open even a minority of the various eText formats.
>>Christopher Toth, a blind software developer, aims to change that with
>>QRead, the first e-reader for the blind that is affordable even to the
>>average college student.
>>
>>QRead is a program that provides blind users with fast and efficient
>>screen-reader access to most common e-book formats, including both PDF,
>>the industry standard for textbooks, ePub, a format popular for technical
>>titles and fiction as well as many others. Users can open and tab between
>>an unlimited number of books, place an unlimited number of bookmarks, and
>>return to their current place in each book even after a session has ended.

>>QRead offers the ability to read continuously, "skim" through a text by
>>percentage, and even search for specific passages with its "Find" feature.
>>
>>QRead interfaces directly with all major screen reading software,
>>including JAWS for Windows, Window-Eyes, Super Nova, System Access, and
>>the free and open source NVDA.
>>
>>The program goes on sale today for an introductory price of $20, and is
>>expected to retail for $30. Its nearest competitors are available for
>>upwards of $80.
>>
>>Mr. Toth says his software offers a unique benefit in addition to
>>affordability.
>>
>>"Historically, access to PDF, ePub and other eText formats has been
>>cumbersome, difficult or even impossible. I invented QRead to fix this,
>>and in the process have created a tool which will vastly improve your
>>reading experience, regardless if you're a casual reader, student, or
>>professional", he states.
>>
>>For more information about QRead and other accessibility software
>>developed by Toth, visit http://q-continuum.net/ .
>>
>>###
>>
>>ABOUT THE DEVELOPER:
>>Christopher Toth is a freelance software developer in Tallahassee,
>>Florida. His projects focus primarily on breaking down the access barriers

>>faced by blind consumers of technology on a daily basis. He is the creator

> [...]

__._,_.___
Reply to sender
<mailto:kestr...@panix.com?subject=Re%3A%20Fw%3A%20%5BNfbnet-master-list%5D%
20MOST%20AFFORDABLE%20E-BOOK%20READER%20FOR%20THE%20BLIND%20HIT%27S%20THE%20
MARKET>  | Reply to group
<mailto:electrobo...@yahoogroups.com?subject=Re%3A%20Fw%3A%20%5BNfbnet-maste
r-list%5D%20MOST%20AFFORDABLE%20E-BOOK%20READER%20FOR%20THE%20BLIND%20HIT%27
S%20THE%20MARKET>  | Reply via web post
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ElectroBooks/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJwZXZnYTBxBF9TAz
k3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzY4NTMzMjcEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE5ODg4BG1zZ0lkAzI3MTMEc2VjA2
Z0cgRzbGsDcnBseQRzdGltZQMxMzMwNzc2OTE0?act=reply&messageNum=2713>  | Start a
New Topic
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ElectroBooks/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJlNWQyZ3IzBF9TAz
k3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzY4NTMzMjcEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE5ODg4BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA250cG
MEc3RpbWUDMTMzMDc3NjkxNA-->
Messages in this topic
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ElectroBooks/message/2713;_ylc=X3oDMTM0aXFobX
ZwBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzY4NTMzMjcEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE5ODg4BG1zZ0lkAzI3MT
MEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxMzMwNzc2OTE0BHRwY0lkAzI3MTM->  (1)
Recent Activity:

Visit Your Group
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ElectroBooks;_ylc=X3oDMTJlcDJqdGc1BF9TAzk3MzU
5NzE0BGdycElkAzY4NTMzMjcEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE5ODg4BHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZnaHAEc3R
pbWUDMTMzMDc3NjkxNA-->
Yahoo! Groups
<http://groups.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTJkbWhkYmYyBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzY4N
TMzMjcEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE5ODg4BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2dmcARzdGltZQMxMzMwNzc2OTE0>

Switch to: Text-Only
<mailto:electrobooks-traditio...@yahoogroups.com?subject=Change Delivery
Format: Traditional> , Daily Digest
<mailto:electrobooks-dig...@yahoogroups.com?subject=Email Delivery: Digest>
. Unsubscribe
<mailto:electrobooks-unsubscr...@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>  .
Terms of Use <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>
.

<http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=6853327/grpspId=1705019888/msgId
=2713/stime=1330776914/nc1=5191953/nc2=5008815/nc3=5522123>