Hi, Purnima and Mr. Bhavani,
considering the fact that I'm not a criminal lawyer, you will have to
content with these sections only.

Refer the CHAPTER XXII of IPC  OF CRIMINAL INTIMIDATION, INSULT AND ANNOYANCE.
Sections 503, 504, 505(1)(B), (C).

For these 3 bac to back airline casess, which involved women. See the
section 509. which will of course, also include the above given
sections.

On 3/5/12, purnima jain <purnima25j...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello friends , In view of the responses of the members on the issue I
> would like to say that Constitutional protection to the disabled is
> inevitable .The Constitution  is  the basic law of the land ,I am
> surprised that the founding fathers of the nation made every effort to
> make the best and the most detailed Constitution in the world ;it gave
> protection to SC/St ,Women,OBcs  but forgot to mention disability as a
> ground while drafting important Articles like Article 15,16 etc. .True
> the protection of Article 21 is available to the disabled people but
> in very few cases the court has invoked this Article in matters
> affecting the disable community .coming to this particular issue of
> harassment I strongly feel that there is little sensitization among
> the people regarding ill treatment given to the disabled people .Sorry
> if it offends anyone but most of you would agree that people in
> general do not consider the ill treatment given to any disabled person
> as something against law ,something illegal or as an act invoking
> criminality .Even the disabled person in general accepts the behavior
> and does not complaint .It is well known fact that people would treat
> you as you  would allow them to treat you.Akilesh I really do not
> remember what provisions in IPC you are mentioning ,even than I
> strongly advocate constitutional protection and a separate law too
> like the protection of civil right in case of SC and ST .Legal experts
> would recognize the need and the urgency of such a Constitutional
> protection .Dinesh you are right to point out that we are a minority
> and politicians do not take us seriously but somewhere we as community
> has failed to make our voices felt .There is a strong need for a
> pressure group to lobby for the issues affecting the disabled .We
> should work for political empowerment of the disable community if we
> want any significant change in our state of affairs .There is also a
> need for political representation of the disabled people ,we should
> demand reservation in the Parliament and the state legislatures .One
> member has suggested some modalities for organizing the disabled
> people on the matter of demanding Constitutional protection they are
> good and worth considering .However we need continued and planned
> strategies for the struggle Thanks..

Akhilesh Kumar Dahiya,
Advocate.
Mobile: +91 9210616426