hi pranai sir, the micromax data card setup connection automatically. neither we have to define access point nor any dialup connections. just one have to insert sim card and plug it into a computer. i have came to know from the other mailing list that micromax model mmx352g has presets available from 300 mobile operators. that means we do not have to call customer care to get settings. how ever i can't say about accessibility. even dealer also didn't allow me to test its accessibility.On 11-03-2012 12:18, Pranay Gadodia wrote:
Hi Gufran,
I cannot say for sure, but the google chrome in the data card could only be
its setup for installation. Even if it is a portable version (do not know if
it exists), you should be able to still define the default browser of your
choice in your system.

The other thing is that if you are really keen on using the sms and calling
function from the data card, check the accessibility of the user interface
for the purpose given by micromax, if you depend only on your screen reader.
I have a Beetel data card, the software of which is not accessible. Though
for connecting to internet, I created a dial-up connection using windows
built-in feature.

thanks,
Pranay.

----- Original Message -----
From: "gufran"<gufran.ahmed1...@gmail.com>
To:<keyboardus...@googlegroups.com>; "access india"
<accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2012 11:18 AM
Subject: [AI] data card review needed.

dear friends, i am here with comparrisons of 2 data cards which are
menufactured by micro max and i want your comments of both models. so
below are the two compairsions
Micromax MMX352G Data Card Overview
Key Features:
list of 5 items
• 2100MHz UMTS
• Standard 6 PIN SIM card interface
• 2.1/3.0 vCard Version
• RGB LED Indicator
• Supported, Max up to 8GB
list end
Micromax MMX352G Data Card offers you high speed portable internet, so
you can quick start your work where ever you wish. It supports up to
5.76 Mbps (HSUPA)
and 7.20 Mbps (HSDPA), USB 2.0. It has an internal Antenna and offers
plug&  auto installation.
You can save and edit your phone book and send SMS too. Micromax MMX352G
Data Card is surely a smart choice in data cards.

Specifications:

table with 2 columns and 3 rows
Frequency Band
GSM/GPRS/EDGE
850/900/1800/1900 MHz
UMTS
2100MHz
table end

table with 2 columns and 4 rows
External Interface
USB Speed
USB 2.0 High Speed
Power Mode
Powered via the USB interface
SIM/USIM Card
Standard 6 PIN SIM card interface, compaliant with 3GPP 31.101 and 31.102
table end

table with 2 columns and 7 rows
Main Features
Type
USB Stick
Dimension (mm)
79.0(L) x 25.0(W) x 11.8(H)
Weight (g)
30 gm
Visual Indicator(LED)
RGB LED indicator for different state.
Languages Supported
English
Operating System
Windows XP SP2 / VISTA sp1/windows 7
Mac OS X 10.5 or higher (only support INTEL platform)
table end

table with 2 columns and 3 rows
Main Software Functions
Setup Mode
Plug&  Auto Installation
SMS and Data service
Simultaneously Operation
table end

table with 2 columns and 3 rows
PhoneBook
vCard version
2.1/3.0
New contacts/ Edit contacts/ Delete contacts/ Send SMS/ Move between SIM
card and PC:
Supported
table end

table with 2 columns and 2 rows
SMS
Group SMS, New, Send, Save, Reply, Forward, Delete&  Import SMS from SIM
to PC
Supported
table end

table with 2 columns and 2 rows
Additional Features
Micro-SD Card Slot
Supported, Max up to 8GB
table end

table with 1 columns and 6 rows
Package Contents
USB MODEM, Quick Start Guide

and the other one is
Micromax MMX 353G Data Card Overview
Key Features:
list of 5 items
• High Speed USB Modem
• 3G&  EDGE Connectivity
• Phonebook&  Voice Call Support
• Includes Google Chrome
• 16GB Memory Capacity
list end
The new Micromax MMX353G data Card offers you high speed portable
internet so that you can quick start your work wherever you wish. It
supports up to 5.76
Mbps (HSUPA), 7.20 Mbps (HSDPA), USB 2.0, and has an internal antenna to
accomplish all your personal or official tasks in a minutes time.
Further it is
complimented with plug and auto installation, and equipped to save and
edit your phonebook and send SMS.

Specifications:

table with 2 columns and 3 rows
Size&  Weight
Dimensions:
11.5 x 25.7 x 87.3 mm
Weight:
30 Gms
table end

table with 2 columns and 4 rows
Data Connectivity
GPRS:
Class 10, 85.6 Kbps
HSDPA:
Upto 7.2 Mbps
EDGE:
Class 12, 237 Kbps
table end

table with 2 columns and 4 rows
Bandwidth
CDMA (EVDO):
Power Class 3
UMTS(3G):
2100 MHz
GSM (EDGE/ GPRS):
850 MHz, 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 1900 MHz
table end

table with 2 columns and 2 rows
Memory
External Memory:
Upto 16GB Using MicroSD
table end

table with 2 columns and 3 rows
System Requirements
Other System Requirements:
AT Interface: 3GPP TS27.005, 3GPP TS27.007 supported
Operating System:
Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista SP1, Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.5 or higher
table end

table with 2 columns and 2 rows
Other Features
Other Features:
list of 9 items
• ROHS Certification
• APN Auto Management Supported
• SIM/USIM Pin lock
• USB 2.0 External Interface
• RGB LED Indicator
• Plug and Play, Auto Installation
• Internal Antenna
• SMS Support
• USB Power Supply
list end
table end

table with 1 columns and 2 rows
Warranty
1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
table end

table with 1 columns and 2 rows
Package Contents
USB MODEM, User Guide
table end
now the advantages of mmx 353g is that it supports 3g, gsm and CDMA
(evdo) which means i can opt for any network depending based on the
opperators plans.
but i think that the main disadvantage is that it Includes builtin
Google Chrome this browser have limited accessibility with jaws.
therefore i would like to know that this device has in built google
crome but i am using mozilla firefox as my browser, so does google crome
will take over my default browser when i plug this data card into a
computer?
can't we customize this USB dongle to avoide google crome to start?
before i go for this data card i would like to clear my confusions, i
therefore request to all datacard user to kindly solve my query
waiting for your reply.
any assistance will be highly apriciable.

--

with thanks and regards
Gufran ahmed.

mobile: +91-7890125197