Here is the relevant info from the FAQ:

How can I see which add-ons are installed?
list of 5 items
1. Click to open Internet Explorer.

2. Click the Tools button, and then click Manage Add-ons.

3. Under Add-on Types, click Toolbars and Extensions.

4. Under Show, you can select one of the following views of your add-ons:

list of 4 items nesting level 1
• To display a complete list of the add-ons that reside on your
computer, click All add-ons.

• To display only those add-ons that were needed for the current
webpage or a recently viewed webpage, click Currently loaded add-ons.

• To display add-ons that were pre-approved by Microsoft, your
computer manufacturer, or a service provider, click Run without
permission.

• To display only 32-bit ActiveX controls, click Downloaded controls.
list end nesting level 1

5. When you are finished, click Close.
list end

Why am I getting a message saying I'm running without add-ons when I
start Internet Explorer?

This message appears when Internet Explorer is opened with add-ons
disabled. To run Internet Explorer normally (with add-ons turned on),
make sure to click
Internet Explorer on the Start menu and do not click Internet Explorer
(No Add-ons).

Hope this helps.

Vetri.