OK. but before, usual warning, be careful while making changes to windows registry. a small wrong modification to registry may lead to fatal error in system functionality.
follow these steps
1. add your desired folder to the path variable as explained by Vivek.
2. open registry editor by typing "regedit" in run dialog.
3. move down to following key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
SYSTEM
CurrentControlSet
Control
Session Manager
Environment
4. press F6 to switch to right pane containing the values.
5. select "path" in the values list and hit enter. a dialog box opens with the value text highlighted. make sure not to delete this by typing any character. here your folder name will be there in the text string as you entered in step 1. you can also add your folder here. just type your desired path prefixed by a semicolon at the end and press enter to close the dialog. press F6 to go back to tree view of registry keys. if you have already added your folder in step 1, you can skip this and the previous step. 6. with the environment key selected, press either Alt + F to open file menu or application key to open context menu.
7. press E to select "export" option. the export registry file dialog opens.
8. in the file name box, type desired name for your .reg file such as AddMyFolderToSystemPath and press enter to save your .reg file in the default save location. 9. open the folder where you have saved your .reg file, select that file and press application key to open context menu. 10. select edit option and press enter. the file opens in notepad. it starts with the following lines

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment]

11. below these lines, there will be several lines including the one which starts with"path"=... delete all those lines except the one which starts with "path" and delete all the blank lines between these lines and the registry key said above. 12. save and close the file. now your file is ready. if you re-install your windows, you can just press enter on that file to add your folder to path variable instead of following all those steps. you can also use this file on other computers to add the same path in those computers to their path variable.

Umesha

----- Original Message ----- From: "Shankar" <harshalgip...@gmail.com>