Hi Kiran,

The project itself is hardly exciting :)
So i don't think any description would make it sound so.

This is an app, which helps with mobility. That is moving around. It could
be in a vehicle but it is mainly to help mobility on foot.

You are right, that GPS does not have accuracy of footsteps but few metres.
Good GPS reception on iPhone 4 gives me an accuracy of 5-10 metres.

The app will help to navigate up till that much range around the
destination. Since the app is not released yet, i cannot explain in detail
how it helps in mobility. Note that this is not my app, i am just involved
as a beta tester.

But i will surely write a detailed mail about it on this list once it is
released.

So the idea is, if there is anyone who uses iPhone and feels this app helps
in mobility, then we could put up the POIs on a server and make it public.

POI is a Point of Interest which is merely the GPS location of a point on
the map. Travelers usually travel relative to a Point of Interest, for
example 5 km North. It helps navigation in isolated areas. But that's how
it is used conventionally, visually impaired people could use it to
navigate cities.

Sagar
+1.905.929.4414
intouchid: 2010-SAGAR007 <http://intch.me/2010-SAGAR007>

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character." - Albert Einstein