Excel 2007: To quickly apply the default border design around the selected
range of cells, make your selection and then press  alt + h, b, a.
This will apply Black surrounding border which is thin  and continuous

-----Original Message-----
From: accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in
[mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of Mujtaba
Merchant
Sent: 19 May 2012 00:14
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: Re: [AI] How to give border an shading to an Excel 2007 file

Firstly, I hope you are on JAWS 12 or 13 and using the virtual ribbons.

1. how to give a border to an Excel file2007.
Answer: Select the data region you wish to give a border to. Under the home
tab under the fonts sub menu you will find the borders split button. Hit
spacebar to activate it. Use your down arrow keys to navigate on the options
available under this menu. Once you get the type of border you wish to apply
hit enter to apply it on the selected range.

2. how to give shading ( pattern) inside cells in An Excel file within the
visible data.
Answer: Confusing question. Could you rephrase it please so that I can give
you an accurate answer? Like do you want to color the sells, add shades of
color etc.? And what do you mean by the visible data, is it the filled cells
or the whole sheet?

3. Which  are  the key command used to check aftter giving border and
pattern to an excel file 2007.
Answer: To check the border applied, alt+shift+B. Font formatting report
keys i.e. Insert+F should give you the additional information.

Mujtaba Merchant
Bangalore, India

I am using Excel 2007 and I would like to know

1. how to give a border to an Excel file2007.

2. how to give shading ( pattern) inside cells in An Excel file within the
visible data.

3. Which  are  the key command used to check aftter giving border and
pattern to an excel file 2007.

Please write step by step to understand each functions.

With regards,

Tiku