----- Original Message -----
From: Venu Kuruveri
To: venugo...@svym.org.in
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 2:19 PM
Subject: Invitation to be participate in event on Employment of persons with
Disabilities at Mysore

Dear Sir/madam,

Greetings from Grassroots Research And Advocacy Movement (GRAAM), Mysore!

GRAAM - a policy research and advocacy initiative of Swami Vivekananda Youth
Movement - is organizing an event on the issues surrounding employment for
persons with disabilities, We are pleased and honored to invite you to

“Different Abilities, Equal Opportunities”

Enriching our workplaces through employment policies that include the
differently-abled

on 25th June, 2012 at  Vivkenanda Institute for Leadership Development, Mysore

The event will comprise a Panel Discussion and a talk by Dr. Susanne Bruyere -
Director of Employment and Disability Institute and Associate Dean of Outreach,
ILR School, Cornell University, USA.

Through the panel discussion, we are aiming to put forth different perspectives
on the issues pertaining to employment of persons with disabilities in private
and public sector, the existing employment policies, opportunities and
challenges faced, etc.

The following people have been to be part of the panel

Shri. K V Rajanna - Commissioner, Disablilities, Govt. of Karnataka

Mr. N Narendran - Managing Director, Vinyas Innovative Technology Pvt Ltd,
Mysore

Dr. Seetharam - President of Swami Vivekananda Youth Movement and expert on
Community Health

Dr. Susanne Bruyere - Director of Employment and Disability Institute, Cornell
University, USA

Additionally, there will be special invitees representing National Institute of
Personnel Management (NIPM) and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), Mysore

The panel discussion will be followed by an interactive address by Dr. Susanne
Bruyère who will share her research experience of more than 40 years in
advancing employment for people with disabilities in the U.S. and
internationally. She will share her thoughts and expertise on some useful
strategies to promote hiring, retention and advancement of people with
disabilities and respond to queries by the participants on these issues.

Heads of HR Departments from Corporates, NGOs, and other institutions,
representatives from associations and organizations of differently abled
persons, development sector organizations, Management professionals,
academicians, researchers and students are being invited to participate in the
event.

We would be honored to have your presence at the event and look forward for
your confirmation. We believe your active participation will add great value to
the event and richness to the discussions.

Please feel free to get in touch with me or Mr. Basavaraju R, Deputy Director,
GRAAM (9686666497 / basavar...@svym.org.in) for any details or clarifications
required.

Looking forward,

Thanks and regards,

Venugopal Kuruveri, HR Manager

(Vivekananda Institute for Leadership Development)

Unit of Swami Vivekananda Youth Movement

#CA2, KIADB Industrial Housing area, Hebbal, Ringroad, Mysore – 570016.

Ph: 9686666364/ +91-821-2415412

Visit us at: www.svym.org,www.vild.edu.in,www.viis.in,www.graam.org.in