From: sujith kumar
Sent:  13/07/2012, 3:10  pm
To: accessindia
Subject: [AI] Request for responses against the injustice.

Respected members,

This is regarding the Complaint about Kerala PSC’s Last Grade Servant
suitability test and rank list for the visually challenged.

I applied for the post of last grade servant in Thrissur district in
Kerala PSC (Category no. 508/2009). As I am a partially blind person
(75% disability), I requested for a scribe, and wrote the exam with
the help of the scribe allowed for me. I secured 73 marks in the
written exam and thereby attained a place in the special probability
list for physically handicapped, published by the Thrissur District
PSC office. As a result, I received a letter from Psc to attend the
certificate verification and suitability test on 09.05.2012 in the
District PSC office, Thrissur. PSC conducted the suitability test by
way of giving news paper to read, and I failed to do it.

On 29.06.2012, KPSC published the rank list for the same by dropping
me. Thus, I have been denied the right to be in the rank list. If I
will be in the rank list I will be in the 4th place among the blind
persons in the rank list. Now the marks of last candidate in the
partially blind category in the rank list is minus 1. Even though I
had acquired 73 marks, I was denied the place in the rank list and
thereby also the job opportunity, because of the “unsuitable for the
post” statement result of the suitability test. The recruitment is for
the various departments of the Kerala Government with a very large
number of vacancies.
Also at the same time, 5 persons with 100% disability and 2 persons
with the same percentage of disability in Trivandrum and Kottayam
districts respectively have been included in the rank list. A point to
be noted is that, as the process of “newspaper reading” was not
applied for the suitability test in the other districts other than
Thrissur, as a result, larger number of persons having 90% disability
was included in the rank list. So, when persons with 100% disability
and persons having negative marks were included in the rank list, I,
instead of scoring 73 marks and having 75% disability was neglected
from the list.

Due to this injustice shown towards me, I decided to file a case in
the court and have approached a lawyer for helping me to obtain the
rights. The lawyer has informed that most probably by Tuesday (July
17th), the case will be filed in the Kerala Administration Tribunal.

So, dear members, if you have any informations regarding these type of
cases and judgments or if you have any documents or government orders
regarding this matter please do mail or inform me ASAP. I had also
faced the similar problem in the suitability test of LD clerk post a
couple of months ago. So, if there are any other ways also for
availing justice, please do help me!

Once again I am requesting to all the members to please respond to
this mail with suitable suggestions and informations!

With thanks and regards,
Sujithkumar E.N
Mob: 09446723116
E-mail: flash.sujithku...@gmail.com