From: "Prashant Ranjan Verma" <pr_ve...@hotmail.com>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2012 9:18 PM
Subject: Re: [AI] My first two weeks with Samsung S3

Hello all,
Please note that although android provides access to unlimited number of
apps and new features in terms of accessibility there are still several
challenges as compared to Symbian phones with commercial screen readers.
1. Using the IVR during a call
2. looking up contacts during a call
3. distinguishing between outgoing, incoming and missed calls in the log is
not straight forward
4. looking up contacts with touch screen is time taking although I am now
getting good results with voice search
5. GPS navigation experience is not as smooth as NOKIA although it is more
accurate
6. most of the times you will need two hands to operate touch screen phones
7. operating the touch screen when the phone is held close to the ear may
not be possible, you may feel the need for hands free many times

There may be more items to this list. But the android device feels much more
than a phone in the hand. It gives you the feeling as if it is a device with
life and immense possibilities. It is definitely much more than a phone and
for people who use the phone only for calling the time spent on learning it
is a waste.

And I feel sorry for talks and spiel as they are being compared to a
commercial product like TALKS. Talks should be compared more to mobile
accessibility in the case of android. Mobile accessibility does fill up many
accessibility shortcomings in android.

Prashant