Answers marked with KK. Haven't used Nokia phones in a while and so don't
exactly understand what you mean.
1.      Reading new messages and Missed call notifications very easy
I expect Nokia like access, that is just by pressing at one place all
the new messages or missed calls are shown.

KK: You need to go to the notification centre. Touch the top of the screen
where the status icons and do a 3 finger swipe down. All major notifications
including missed calls and text messages are available here. You can also
double tap on any of the notifications to directly jump to the relevant app
to take an action on them. Further, all notifications appear on the lock
screen if your phone has been locked for a while. Again you can double tap
individual items to directly jump to the relevant app.

2. I m a heavy sms user. Therefore, would like to have Nokia like set
up where can go in to "To" field or select contacts by pressing at the
same place and QERTI key pad should be ready while I am at the text
field.

KK: if you start composing a new text message, the focus is automatically
first placed in the To field. The virtual keyboard also appears at the
bottom of the screen. Start typing in the contact's name and suggestions
will appear below the To field. You don't have to type the entire name. once
the right contact suggestion appears, just double tap that contact. You can
also add multiple users if you wish. Once you are done entering the
recipients, keep right swiping until you get to the message body. Double tap
to enter edit mode and type your message.

Right now, as you must be knowing I need to go all round my hand set,
it's little funny and time consuming.

Thanks

--
"The waves breaking on the surface draw all the attention,
but it is the current beneath the water that determines your direction."