To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Sunday, December 09, 2012 12:25 PM
Subject: Re: [AI] Listen guys: DU announces foreign trip for studentswithdisabilities

Dear Vikas Ji,

Thanks for replying. It was a slightly softer than what I expected
from you. Anyway, on a serious note, My comments were never ever
intended to offend any organization or person. These are my personal
views based on feedback of several years provided by beneficiaries of
your and some other NGOs. and should be taken in a positive spirit
only.

Every section of disability has its own needs and demands. When I say
conflicting interests and rights, it refers to a condition where you
have to deal with a situation, when2 sections of PWDs come
face-to-face. This type of situation arises, or may arise, when one
complaints about the infringement of their rights due to the similar
benefits provided or accrued to another section of PWDs!!!
For an instance, After recent development in Delhi University EOC,
Visually-impaired friends are complaining of rude behavior, biased
attitude of authorities, and they’re feeling ignored!!! Can an NGO
working across disabilities, fight against it with same strength and
conviction like an NGO specially dedicated for visually-impaired? For
me, it can not. When I say single person it meant nothing except NGO
working across disabilities.

When post reserved for visually-impaired  for assistant professor of
Sanskrit in venketeshwara college was converted for orthopedically
challenged, and Sambhavana could not do anything, this is the best
example I can give of representation of conflicting interests by a
single person at the same timeand the same person. To your surprise,
the visually-impaired candidate was available at that time. I wish I
could have been an advocate and could have done something at that
time.

Sir,
Full credit goes to your organization for benifiting many people.
However, it doesn’t mean that it has benifited all who approached it,
or nobody is upset and felt ignored due to carelessness of some office
holders of organization, (about which, detailed discussion would not
be appropriate here).

When I’m aware about the past developments, how can I admit that I’m
not? As far as my presence in Sambhavana programs, meetings, and
Agitations  is concerned, I’m aware that Mr. Sinha is closely working
with Sambhavana, so,I don’t feel the need of coming. Besides this,
above text says a lot of my absence.

Finally, thanks for your kind invitation for my services to disable
community. I would be more than happy to assist you and your
organization where ever, and whenever my services are required. In
fact I’m the member of the group of committed young lawyers which
strives to provide the quality legal aid to the needy, poor , and
marginalized sections of the society.

With thanks and regards,
Akhilesh.